I’ve been doing quite a bit of mooching lately and have just added five more books to my shelves. Want to know what I got?
- A Friend from England by Anita Brookner. I really loved Hotel du Lac by Brookner and now I feel like I’m on a quest to get more books by her. There is a quote at the back of this book that I think sums up why I liked her style. “Perhaps the most fundamental question in Anita Brookner’s work is, how is a woman to live?”
- The Disapparation of James by Anne Ursu. I found her previous book, Spilling Clarence, to be very touching and have been wanting to add this one to my library.
- Eye Contact by Cammie McGovern. Ooh another story about children disappearing in the woods. This one is supposed to be quite the page-turner so I’m looking forward to it although I may have to set it aside for quite a while so I don’t compare it too much to the other read.
- While I Was Gone by Sue Miller. Becca recently mentioned this book and it sounded so good I quickly went over to see if I could find it on BookMooch and voila.
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. Well, I so enjoyed our last Slaves of Golconda book that I wanted to add another Wharton novel to my reading stack. I think a lot of you mentioned this was your favorite so I’m looking forward to it.
I’m still waiting for a couple of more books so I’ll let you know about those when they arrive. How about you? Done any mooching lately?