Before I start in on today’s post, I just wanted to send a big thank you to Literary Feline who invited me to her feature A Page in the Life. I had fun answering her questions and again I’m just reminded of how nice it is to be a part of the book blogging community. And, thank you to everyone who’s stopped by too. I’m very behind on my blog visiting this week but I hope to catch up over the weekend.
So, yesterday I talked about thrillers so today I figured it was time for a talk about mysteries. I have a long list of sleuths who I love reading about… Maisie Dobbs, Inspector Rebus, Annie Seymour, Inspector Banks, Richard Jury and Melrose Plant and the list goes on but that doesn’t stop me from looking for new mysteries to check out.
In the past few days I’ve added some new titles to my list and one of these days I hope to check out the adventures of these detectives and amateur sleuths:
- A Beautiful Place to Die by Malla Nunn. Set in South Africa in 1952, Australian filmmaker Nunn’s stellar debut explores a divided society through the frame of a classic murder mystery.
- Bad Traffic by Simon Lewis. This Inspector Jian novel is getting a lot of good reviews and I am lucky enough to have gotten an ARC of this one.
- Defending Angels by Mary Stanton. This is a paranormal mystery series. Sounds a bit more cozy than my typical mystery reads but I like the premise.
- Echoes from the Dead by Johan Theorin. Another Scandinavian thriller. I’ve really enjoyed some of the crime fiction that’s been coming out from Iceland and Sweden in the past few years so looking forward to checking out this author.
- Death Rites by Alicia Gimenez-Bartlett. Danielle recently mentioned this police procedural set in Barcelona. Sounds very good and it’s one I hope to read soon.
So have you read any of these? Or have you discovered a new mystery lately?
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend. Eat lots of chocolate and spend time with friends and loved ones. My husband and I just got a silkscreen press so this weekend we are planning to do some crafting! I’m going to take a few of days away from the blog but I promise to tell you all about the craft-o-rama weekend and of course tell you about the latest books.