As the year is winding down I am starting to finalize my choices on the reading challenges I’m going to join next year. I didn’t want to go overboard but I think at this point it’s inevitable. I just have too much fun. Plus, there are just so many good ones out there, and I’m even getting over my aversion to the year long challenges.
The latest challenge I’m joining is one hosted by Annie at Words by Annie and starts January 1, 2008 and lasts all year. For this one you have to choose a book in each of the categories. Here are my choices:
1. A book with a color in its title: Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2. A book with an animal in its title: Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
3. A book with a first name in its title: Ines of My Soul by Isabel Allende
4. A book with a place in its title: The Seville Communion by Arturo Pérez-Reverte
5. A book with a weather event in its title: The Rising Tide by Molly Keane
6. A book with a plant in its title: Eucalyptus by Murray Bail
I’m going to try and stick with my choices but I may switch some out, and I do plan to overlap a bit with some of my challenges and my book groups. Maybe then I can finish some of these challenges. Heh. Anyway, stay tuned for more reading challenge updates!