Because I may not get a chance to review all the books I read while on vacation (some details are already fuzzy) I thought at least I should list out the books. So here are the stories that held my attention:
- The Chemistry of Death by Simon Beckett
- The Salinger Contract by Adam Langer
- Excellent Women by Barbara Pym
- The Ninth Girl by Tami Hoag
- The Boy In the Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbol and Agnete Friis
- Five Days by Douglas Kennedy
- The Stranger You Know by Andrea Kane
- Six Years by Harlan Coben
- The Longings of Wayward Girls by Karen Brown
- The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler
- The Mouse-Proof Kitchen by Saira Shah
I also read a couple of fairy tales by Hans Christian Andersen after I visited the H.C. Andersen museum in Odense (I was so inspired by this fabulous museum). So a bit of variety and some books in translation which is always a good thing. Some books I enjoyed more than others and in case you are wondering, my top three books would be The Chemistry of Death, Salinger Contract and Excellent Women.
Let me know if you read some of these and what you thought. Alright, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you in blogland!