Ever since I saw Joy’s announcement of the 2nds Challenge I knew I’d be joining in. I’ve been participating in her First in the Series Challenge and have managed to read some great first books so it’s only natural that I want to read the next book. This will be the perfect excuse to do just that.
The challenge doesn’t start until September so I still have time to come up with my final list (well, I’m sure I’ll make changes as I go along as I tend to do that) but I thought I’d share some of the books that I’ve been thinking of since I found out about the challenge.
- Secondhand Smoke by Karen E. Olson. Last year I got to read Karen’s first book, Sacred Cows, and really enjoyed it. I also was lucky enough to host a Q&A with Karen and since then I’ve been meaning to read up on this series. Karen will have a new book out later this Fall so I must get caught up on this series!
- Preaching to the Corpse by Roberta Isleib. Again, another author I discovered last year. I thought her first mystery in the Advice Column series was really well done so I’d like to revisit with her characters.
- The Likeness by Tana French. I know I’ve mentioned that In the Woods has been one of my favorite reads this year so far so I’m very curious as to what happens next with these characters.
- The Terra-Cotta Dog by Andrea Camilleri. I wouldn’t mind taking a trip to Italy.
- Payment in Blood by Elizabeth George. Really liked the first one in this series and it looks like I’ve got a way to go to catch up with this one.
- Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn. I want to know what happens next to Lady Julia Grey.
- When Gods Die by C.S. Harris. Another great historical mystery series which I want to follow.
I realize these are all mysteries and I could easily pick books in some different genres but when I think of a series, I always think of mysteries first. So, that’s my long list for now. I only have to read four books for this challenge but these are all books I want to read so even if I don’t get to them for this challenge, they are on my TBR shelves and I will get to them eventually.