I’ve been meaning to join Dewey and the rest of the Weekly Geeks but something or another has kept me from participating. But this week I couldn’t resist as the theme is on magazines and I love magazines and subscribe to too many of them. So here goes my first Weekly Geek posting with the prompt from Dewey…
This week’s Weekly Geeks theme is to talk about the magazines we read. In order to get you started, I prepared a little magazines meme, but feel free to take it further if you want. I also think it’d be great if you displayed images of the covers of your favorite magazines.
For each magazine you want to talk about, here are a few questions. Answer as many or as few as you want.
- Name of magazine. Bound & Lettered. This is one of my favorite magazines. It is the magazine for bookbinders and calligraphers. I only wish it was published more often.
- Do you subscribe or just buy it now and then? I have been subscribing to it for about three years now.
- What’s your favorite regular feature in the magazine? The pictures are wonderful and I enjoy the articles but my guilty pleasure are the ads. Yes, the ads. I love to read about workshops and new books.
- What do you think your interest in this magazine says about you? That I’m a bit of a bookbinder.
- How long have you been reading this magazine? Hmm, about four or five years I think.
- Is there any unique or quirky aspect to the magazine that keeps you reading? I’m just happy there is something that celebrates paper arts.
Here’s a visual of other magazines I never miss. No wonder, I’m behind on my books. This is a lot of magazine reading huh? Plus, I’m always picking up whatever else catches my attention.