I didn’t mean to miss out on a few days of blogging there but I’ve been pretty tired from work lately. I feel like all I do is complain about lack of time and I hate it when I get into that frame of mind. To top it off I haven’t been doing my yoga regularly at all as I’m still working through my shoulder tendonitis. So needless to say, I needed to spend a few days away from the computer and just putting things into perspective.
I rested, I enjoyed dinner with friends, and time spent with my mom and above all, I tried my hardest to just put away the office. I think I did quite well as I am sitting here tonight a bit tired but the good tired. From having gone to the gym, going out to the movies, just packing in a lot of good moments.
We also stopped by Borders to see what the latest price reductions were. I almost don’t even want to go in there as it’s sad. Seeing all those messy shelves, empty spots and the darkened cafe. I still couldn’t find out when they will finally close the doors but I’m assuming it will be in the next couple of weeks.
I decided to treat myself to some book therapy and got the following books:
- The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson. I know a lot of you have loved this book.
- The Transit of Venus by Shirley Hazzard. The next selection for the Slaves of Golconda.
- A Test of Wills by Charles Todd. A historical mystery that’s also been recommended to me by some bloggy friends.
- Troubles by J.G. Farrell. Hadn’t heard of this one but it’s a NYRB book and I’ve had really good luck with some of these classics.
- Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson. I figure a good cozy read is just the kind of book I need.
Anyway so that’s what’s been going on with me. I hope you’ve all been doing great and looking forward to catching up with your blogs soon.