I wanted to participate in another Top Ten Tuesday but almost didn’t with this week’s topic. This time around it is Top Ten Books I wish Could Have Had a Sequels. I read a lot of mystery series and one reason for their appeal to me is that I get to revisit with favorite characters so I don’t expect (or even want) my standalone fiction to have sequels but in the spirit of the list I started thinking of this and actually there are some novels where I do wonder what happened to the characters.
So here are 10 books that I wish had a sequel:
- Eleanor & Park – The book had a great ending but I just really loved these two and want to confirm what my gut feeling was.
- The Enchanted April – I want to know if the characters carried the magic that they found in Italy once they returned home.
- The Unit – Will childless men and women in this dystopian future still be still be sequestered in their final years and contribute themselves to experiments?
- The Remains of the Day – What did Stevens do with the rest of his days?
- Loving Pedro Infante – I want to know if Tere and Irma still have a Pedro Infante fan club.
- High Fidelity – Would love to see what our protagonist thinks about today’s music.
- Tipping the Velvet – Just because who wouldn’t want to revisit a Sarah Waters character.
- The Bookshop – I always wondered and hoped that Florence did better for herself at the end of this book.
- Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man – I want to know if Daisy Fay made it big at the Miss America Pageant.
- Among Others – I want to see how Mori has grown up and if she continues to love books.
What do you think? Ok, and if there is a sequel to one of these do tell me! I may be out of the loop. Anyway, what are some books you’d like to see a sequel to?
Once again, thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting the Ten Tuesday weekly meme.