Thanks again everyone for the wonderful support you give me when I go on jabbering about my adventures in bookbinding. I have a lot of fun doing it and who knows maybe one day I’ll be experienced enough to save a famous manuscript from becoming a target for the real bookworms! Wouldn’t that be a cool story to tell.
Anyway, I am ready for the weekend aren’t you? I hope to spend some time at the bookstore, go to a party and of course curl up with the books. I’ve got several going on and I want to begin some others too. Here’s what is on my “must read soon” stack.
- Immortal by Traci L. Statton. I’m about half way through this book and have found it to be an entertaining read. I’m not sure what will happen in the next part so it’s good to have a surprise in store.
- A Great Deliverance by Elizabeth George. This is turning out to be a very good mystery novel.
- The World Without Us by Alan Wiseman. I’m only up to chapter three so I think this will take me a while. There’s something about the audio version that reminds me of those old movies we used to watch in science class but the information itself is definitely something to think about.
- The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munro. Being that I want to read more short stories (signed up for the Short Story Challenge), I’ve also decided to take the plunge and join in A Curious Singularity. I’m really looking forward to sharing thoughts on short stories and I’m excited about hopefully learning to embrace the short story!
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. This is a book group read and also one of my challenge reads. I have been looking forward to this book a long time.
I think that should keep me plenty busy this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I am going to try to post something for The Sunday Salon so hope to see you then.