I’ve been tagged by Lizzie for a Book Meme.
Total number of books I’ve owned:
There are stacks in bookshelves, by my bed, on my nightstand and along the stairs. However I do prune the shelves every so often. For now the count is approximately 600 books.
Last book I bought:
Two actually – The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant and The Serpent in the Garden by Janet Gleeson
The last book I read:
Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi
Five books that mean a lot to me:
Very hard to narrow it down to five but these are some of the books I come to time and again. And, if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, no doubt you are tired of hearing me rave about these authors.
1. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
2. Enchanted April by Elizabeth Von Arnim
3. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
4. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
5. Sputnik Sweetheart by Haruki Murakami
Which people would you most like to see fill this out in their blog?
Well, I think I may be the last person around doing this so I won’t tag anyone but if someone else puts up their answers let me know.