Is it the weekend yet? I am starting the countdown to Friday afternoon. I’ve had some super busy days at work and am ready to relax and spend time with the following stacks:
Books to Finish
- Queen of the Underworld by Gail Godwin. It’s taken me a bit longer than I expected to finish this book. Not because of the book itself, it’s been such a pleasant read. Problem is, it’s my lunch hour book and I’ve skipped lunch a couple of times this week so I haven’t been able to devote a lot of time to it but I am getting closer to the end. I can’t wait to see what happens to Emma.
- Deadman’s Switch by Barbara Seranella. A mystery where the sleuth is a crisis management expert. There’s a large cast of characters and I’m suspicious of most of them.
- The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears by Dinaw Mengestu. A trio of immigrant friends making sense of life in America. I loved this part: “In my monthly letters and phone calls to my mother and brother in Ethiopia, I tell them only that I own my own business, and that business is okay… I send them money once every few months when I can afford to, even though I know they don’t need it. I do it because I am in America, and because sending money home is supposed to be the consolation prize for not being home.”
Books to Start
- The Dancing Girls of Lahore by Louise Brown. The April selection for one of my book groups.
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen. Another book group selection.
I must be dreaming if I think I can attempt this reading plan over the weekend. Plus, not to mention that there are always other books that manage to cut in on the carefully planned stacks. We’ll see how this goes. I hope you have some great reading plans for your weekend!