I was tagged by Stefanie for the One Book Meme. So here it goes:
1. One book that changed your life.
Agua Quemada by Carlos Fuentes. I would consider this the first literary novel I read that wasn’t for a class assignment. It made me realize that a novel can serve other purposes than just entertainment. This book made me think about Mexico on a grander scope and not just in the context of Monterrey, my hometown.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once.
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I’ve read it three times and I really don’t re-read books.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island.
Jane Austen: The Complete Novels. Then I’d finally would have read more than just Northanger Abbey.
4. One book that made you laugh.
Naked by David Sedaris. I’ve read all of his books but this is my fave. If you ever get the opportunity to see him in person you must.
5. One book that made you cry.
The Kite Runner. I had been spoiled about some events in the book yet it still made me cry several times.
6. One book that you wish had been written.
Perhaps a sequel to Confederacy of Dunces.
7. One book that you wish had never been written.
Books written by pop stars. Most need to stick to singing, being celebrities or whatever else they do but leave the book writing to those of us who’ve longed to write a book and have it published.
8. One book you’re currently reading.
The Last Cato by Matlide Asensi
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read.
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. This book has been languishing on my nightstand for too long.