Remember yesterday I mentioned that I picked up the latest issue of BookPage at the library? Well, good times at Casa Bookgirl today because the mail brought the Nov/Dec issue of Bookmarks Magazine and the Spring 2008 catalog from Hesperus Press. Woot – talk about adding a lot of books to my wish list.
These are just some of the books that I’ll be watching out for:
- The Worst Thing I’ve Done by Ursula Hegi
- Ghost by Alan Lightman
- The Quiet Girl by Peter Hoeg
- Bitter Sweets by Roopa Farooki
- Away by Amy Bloom
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- Songs Without Words by Ann Packer
- Lazy Thoughts of a Lazy Girl by Jenny Wren
- The Pilgrims by Mary Shelley
- The Maytrees by Annie Dillard
This weekend I will go through these publications to see what else I might have missed. Other weekend plans involve a bit of a book hunt as I want to find The Owl Service for the next Slaves of Golconda discussion and I am also looking for a couple of other book group reads.
And, of course reading, I am half way through my last book for the R.I.P. II Challenge so I may just make it. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!