I really enjoyed Stefanie‘s recent post on “Books Everyone has Read But Me” that I had to borrow the idea and post my own. Isn’t it funny how there are books you feel as if everyone has read but you? You wonder why you missed them. Was it time, just not interested or what? So here are some of the books I haven’t gotten around to:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. If this book had come out now I probably would have thought about reading it but it came out before I started reading YA books and now as I’ve seen the movies and such I just can’t imagine reading it.
- The Scarlet Letter. It seems like this is a staple of every high school reading list but don’t know why my school didn’t assign this one. For what it’s worth, I would like to read it one day.
- Eat, Pray Love. Remember when this came out and it was all over the blogosphere, on Oprah, and on every bookshelf at every store? Well, I did want to read it at the time but then all the buzz wore me out. I think I probably would enjoy it as I love travelogues but I’m in no rush to read it. I’ll probably end up seeing the movie first. Shh, I didn’t just admit that!
- The God of Small Things. Actually I did try reading this book but gave up early, early on. What do you think? Should I give it another go one of these days?
- Smilla’s Sense of Snow. It seems that a lot of mystery fans have read this one but I never got around to it. I think it was before I started reading a lot more mysteries and crime thrillers.
- The Alchemist. I think this is one of those either you love it or hate it sort of books. I’ve read another Coehlo book which I liked a lot so I’d give this one a try.
- Pride and Prejudice. I know, how can I not have read this book. I’ve only read three of Austen’s novels and I’m saving this one for last. Don’t know why. I mean, maybe another of her books will be my favorite.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul. I’ve not read any of these books and probably won’t. I have my own comfort reads I turn to when I need some warm fuzzies.
You know, I’m sure there are many others I can’t think of right now and I may have to do a Round 2 of this list. Now, I’ve got to get going to my yoga nidra class.