I haven’t forgotten that I need to tell you about my recent book buys, and I’ve also received a few new ARCs so I need to make room on the shelves for the new books.
I had to go back for the Barnes & Nobles Classics sale and found three books I had to have and these are chunksters. I got Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray, Villette by Charlotte Bronte and Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell. Have you read these?
My other book buy was Manservant and Maidservant by Ivy Compton-Burnett which is the July read for the Slaves of Golconda. I’m really looking forward to this one.
I’ve also recieved some ARCs that I’m quite excited about:
- Driven to Ink by Karen E. Olson. I’ve really enjoyed Karen’s series featuring a tattoo artist. The books are fun and fast-paced. It’ll be great to see what Brett and her team are up to this time around.
- Keep Sweet by Michele Dominguez Greene
- This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
- Virgin Widow by Anne O’Brien
- Hannah’s List by Debbie Macomber
- The Case of the Man Who Died Laughing by Tarquin Hall.
- The Poet Prince by Kathleen McGowan.
So many books, I don’t even know where to start.