You know instead of talking about all the books that have arrived, I should be reading. Maybe then I’d make a dent in the piles. Ha. But who can resist talking about new books right?
All of these books arrived at Casa Bookgirl recently. Let me know if you’ve read any of these already and can recommend them.
- City of Tranquil Light by Bo Caldwell. A story about a marriage set in revolutionary China.
- Crisp by R.W. Gray. NeWest Press is a new imprint for me and I’m very excited about this one.
- Dewey’s Nine Lives by Vicki Myron. I’m not a big fan of books featuring animals but I keep hearing such great reviews about Dewey so I couldn’t resist this one. Natalie & Stephanie recently posted reviews and a Q&A so check that out.
- A Friend of the Family by Lauren Grodstein. A story about a father’s fall from grace as he struggles to save his family, reputation and himself.
- Missing Lucile by Suzanne Berne. “Every family has a missing person, a ‘family ghost,’ someone who died young or disappeared.” Sounds intriguing doesn’t it?
- Writers Gone Wild: The Feuds, Frolics and Follies of Literature’s Great Adventurers, Drunkards, Lovers, Iconoclasts and Misanthropes. What a title but I want to know the scoop.