Sometimes I feel like it’s months between BookMooches because all the books I want, well, seem to be on everyone’s list too but I’ve been doing a bit of mooching lately and I’ve been pretty lucky and have found some books that were on my list. Here are my latest acquisitions:
- The Lighthouse by P.D. James. My mystery book group will be reading this book sometime this summer. I’ve been reading some of the Inspector Dalgliesh books but I’m still pretty much at the beginning of the series and this one is book number 13.
- Leonardo’s Swan by Karen Essex. From the jacket: A haunting novel of rivalry, love, and betrayal that transports readers back to Renaissance Italy, Leonardo’s Swans will have you dashing to the works of the great painter—not for clues to a mystery but to contemplate the secrets of the human heart.
- Train to Trieste by Dominica Radulescu. I can’t remember when or why I added this book to my list but after receiving it, it’s not at all what I thought it’d be about. So, in a way it’s kind of a nice treat to have something completely different to look forward to.
- This Time of Dying by Reina James. I remember when this book was getting a lot of buzz in the book blog world. I love the time period and will definitely be reading it although given that it’s about an epidemic and what with all the swine flu stuff on the news I think I may put this one aside for a while.
- There Is Room for You by Charlotte Bacon. From Publisher’s Weekly: A trip to India reveals long-hidden secrets and helps a daughter reconcile with her difficult mother in this intelligent, richly atmospheric second novel by Charlotte Bacon.
I’m waiting for two more mooches and as I still have some points I may just find a few other books for the shelves. How fun.
So what about you? Done any mooching lately and have you found some good books?