The other day I mentioned all of the ARCs I’ve received but I left of the eBooks as those deserved their own post. I’ve had my Kindle since the Spring but have only read one book and one story on it. I liked it a lot but I guess all of my unread books sort of keep me from going back to it. As we are getting close to doing some travel soon I’m excited that I have my Kindle ready with some books I’ve bought and now with some ARCs too.
Here’s what I’ve received:
- The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson. Set in the lush countryside of Provence The Lantern is an atmospheric modern gothic tale of love, suspicion, and murder, in the tradition of Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca. Oh I can’t wait to read this one.
- The Corn Maiden by Joyce Carol Oates. I’ve enjoyed several of her books and this one which is a series of suspense stories promises to be very good.
- Call Me Princess by Sara Blaedel. We all know I love Scandinavian crime thrillers so I hope this one from the Danish bestselling author is a keeper.
- The Preacher by Camilla Lackberg. I wasn’t too impressed with her first book and it was actually a DNF for me but I think it was also partly timing. Anyway, I’d like to give this author another try and see what I think.
- The Book of Lies by Mary Horlock. I’ve read some great reviews of this one so I’m looking forward to it.
- The Twisted Thread by Charlotte Bacon. With The Twisted Thread, Charlotte Bacon has crafted a gripping and suspenseful story in the tradition of Donna Tartt’s The Secret History, one that pulls back the curtain on the lives of the young and privileged.
So yes, I’ve been busy filling up my Kindle with some ARCs, new books and some classics too. I can’t wait to be on vacation, resting and reading some great books.