Tonight was my monthly meeting with my mystery book group and we met to discuss The Wings of the Sphinx by Andrea Camilleri. Our discussion was all over the map as we talked about Italian food, politics and etc. The book wasn’t a favorite for many but what was interesting is that a lot of us thought some of the author’s other books were better. Anyway, I’ll try to have a little review up soon so you can read more about the book and decide if you want to give it a try.
We did select reading choices for the next few months and I’m excited that we have mostly new to me authors. Some of the books we’ll be reading are:
- The Fire Engine that Disappeared by Per Wahloo and Maj Sjowall. I read the first book in the series earlier this year and really liked it so I want to see what happens with the detective. Too bad this is not the second book in the series but if I like it I’ll definitely go back and read more.
- The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson. A western mystery is not necessarily one I’d normally choose but I’ve read wonderful reviews about this series so it’ll be nice to read a mystery with a bit different setting.
- The Last Child by John Hart. One of our members said this was a great thriller so it sounds like a good read for the summer.
- All Our Yesterdays by Robert B. Parker. Never read any Parker.
- The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. I’ve already read this one and loved it.
But now it’s time to get to bed and finish up another mystery, The Mapping of Love and Death by Jacqueline Winspear. I have to say I was a bit surprised by the love interest Maisie gets in this installment.