Today was one of those days where I wonder where time went. I spent most of the day on the phone with the phone company, the apartment manager, a recruiter, on and on. Needless to say, I needed some book therapy and so I went over to Half Price Books. I wasn’t planning to buy anything (who am I kidding, right?) but couldn’t pass up these deals. I spent $5. Yay, me.
Here are my finds:
- Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. I also have her latest book, American Wife, waiting for me but this one sounds a bit more interesting to me… at least right now it does.
- Love Falls by Esther Freud. Love/lust in Tuscany.
- Helpless by Barbara Gowdy. I read her story The Romantic years ago and just remembered that I wanted to read more by this author so I’m glad I found this copy.
- Blindness by Jose Saramago. I haven’t had good luck with this author before… I tried one of his books and couldn’t get into it but I’m hoping this one will lure me right in.
- The Scandal of the Season by Sophie Gee. The first thing that caught my attention was the cover. The story has masquerade balls, pretty people and scandal. This should be fun.
I’m tired so now I’m looking forward to relaxing with some books the rest of the evening.