What a way to start the week. I was getting ready to leave the house and was just putting on my shoes when “pop” the strap on my favorite strappy heels broke. Darn, I love those shoes. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to have a visit at DSW shoes right?
Anyway, you want to hear about the books right? I’ve been focusing on my mysteries this month but I just got a bunch of new ARCs recently that are very hard to resist. Here’s what I got:
- Rules Of Civility by Amor Towles.
- A Young Wife by Pam Lewis
- Pearl Buck in China by Hilary Spurling
- Mrs Darcy and the Blue-Eyed Stranger by Lee Smith
- Nightshade and Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
- Digital Geishas and Talking Frogs: Best 21st Century Short Stores from Japan
- The Lotus Singers: Short Stores from Contemporary South Asia
- Another Kind of Paradise: Short Stories from the New Asia-Pacific
Don’t these sound good? Let me know if you’ve read any of these.
Also, if you get a chance please stop by Carina’s wonderful blog, Reading Through Life, as she’s interview me for her reading roots series.
Last but not least, it’s time to wrap up the Once Upon a Time Reading challenge but I am probably going to do that next week when I can do a joint review/Q&A with Kelly. I’m happy to say I read my one book for the challenge and it was wonderful!