I was reading a newsletter from the Reading Group Center, and there was a mention of some of the books which have been adapted to film and are coming out this year. Of course I prefer to read the book first and maybe see the movie later. Sometimes I rather not though mainly because the actors don’t match the descriptions I have in my mind. It probably just depends on how much I enjoyed the book or if it’s still fresh on my mind.
Anyway here are some of the movies that are coming out this year.
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- Away from Her by Alice Munro
- Evening by Susan Minot
- The Feast of Love by Charles Baxter
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Lust, Caution by Eileen Chang
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- Reservation Road by John Burnham Schwartz
- Silk by Alessandro Barrico
The only one I’m really scared of here is Love in the Time of Cholera. I know I’ve raved about this book many times and it really is one of my most favorite books ever so I’d rather not see what Hollywood has done with it.
Any books to film adaptations you are dreading? Any you are looking forward to?