It’s time for another edition of Friday Finds and I’m going to share with you some of the books that I’ve added to my wish list recently after having read about them in various book blogs.
- Red Bird by Mary Oliver. I heard about this book on Greer’s site when she mentioned on poem in particular that is found in this collection that I found very moving.
- Rex Libris. This is the astonishing story of the incomparable Rex Libris, Head Librarian at Middleton Public Library, and his unending struggle against the forces of ignorance and darkness. Ha.ha.. I like the sound of this one. Got this one on my wish list after reading about it from Unfinishedperson.
- Nobody’s Home by Dubravka Ugresic. Stefanie wrote about this book recently and I typically don’t read many essays but I think I’d like this book which talks about a rapidly changing Europe-and a rapidly changing world.
- Miles from Nowhere by Nami Mun. Wisteria recently reviewed this book which is the story of a teen runaway. It sounds like it would be quite moving.
- Finding Nouf by Zoe Ferraris. I think I had already thought about this book when I saw at a bookstore or in a magazine – I can’t remember but after Matt wrote such a rich and detailed review on this book I just had to add it my wish list.
- Sweet Mandarin by Helen Tse. This is another book that I’m sure I had seen somewhere but I really enjoyed Literary Feline’s review and it’s definitely one I’ll be on the look out for.
I know I’m always talking about my wish list and stuff and someone asked me if I really did have one. Of course! I used to have a notebook I wrote in but that got a bit too out of control – as my husband says, my wish list was the size of a book. So, I use Bookpedia or Bookmooch to keep track of books I want to get. Mainly Bookpedia though as I can export the books to my iPod which means I can carry it around with me and have that wish list handy.
Anyway, guess what I got in the mail the other day? The latest Mystery Scene. You know this means there’ll be a lot more books going on that wish list.