In reading my post from yesterday, I realize I make it sound like new books haven’t entered my house in like, forever, but I forgot to mention that I did a bit of book shopping and book mooching over the holidays while I was on my blog break. So let me tell you which new books have been added to the piles of unread books.
Below are the books I traded for at a little bookstore I go to every so often. It’s sort of like a Half Price bookstore but you can bring in books to trade and you get credit for them. They mainly have genre fiction but that works for me when I’m looking for a good mystery.
- Invitation to a Funeral by Molly Young Brown
- Goodnight, Irene by Jan Burke
- The Hanover Square Affair by Ashley Gardner
- The Rosary Girls by Richard Montanari
And, the books from BookMooch are:
- The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence. This one is for the next Slaves discussion!
- Alentejo Blue by Monica Ali
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (should arrive soon)
I think instead of books I should purchase some new bookshelves but books are just much more fun.