Guess what? I finished the First in a Series reading challenge! First, a big thank you to Joy for hosting this fun challenge.
I had a great time with this one because of course I love mysteries and this was the perfect way to discover a lot of new authors. Here are the books I read and if you click on the title it’ll take you to my review. Unfortunately I couldn’t find my reviews to What Angels Fear & Silent in the Grave — I blame that on the fact that I was moving during the summer so some things I either lost or just never got around to.
- A Thousand Bones by P.J. Parrish
- A Corpse in the Koryo by James Church
- A Great Deliverance by Elizabeth George
- The Shape of Water by Andrea Camilleri
- What Angels Fear by C.S. Harris
- Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
- The Collaborator of Bethlehem by Matt Beynon Rees
- The Last Enemy by Grace Brophy
- This Dame for Hire by Sandra Scoppettone
- Funeral Music by Morag Joss
- The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan
- Goodnight, Irene by Jan Burke
Some of these were not on my original list and some were mystery book group reads as well. There were a few disappointments but overall I got to read some mysteries that I had been wanting to read for a while. Will I follow up with some of these? You bet.
My favorites and the series I will continue with are those by Elizabeth George, Andrea Camilleri, C.S. Harris, Deanna Raybourn, Matt Beynon Rees, Grace Brophy, Sandra Scoppettone and Morag Joss.
I’m pretty sure I’ll be completing the 2nds Reading Challenge before the end of the year but more on that later. I chose to stick with mysteries for that challenge as well.
For those of you who don’t know, J. Kaye will be hosting both of these challenges next year. I was tempted but I think I’m going to spend more time revisiting favorite series next year. I’m hooked on so many, I need to check back with all those sleuths I enjoy.