I really tried to resist signing up but just couldn’t. Stephanie has come up with the fantastic Everything Austen Challenge which starts July 15 and goes through January 1, 2010.
You can read the books, spin-offs, and/or even watch the films. Just choose six Austen-themed things. Who can resist that?
Aside from the fact that this is one cool challenge, I watched a movie recently that would fit perfectly for this so I thought why not join. So here are my six choices, which of course are subject to change depending on my reading & watching whims.
- Persuasion. I recently bought this book and I remember several of you telling me it’s your favorite book. I know Melody reviewed it not too long ago either so that’s the one I want to read next.
- Lady Susan. The Slaves read this one last year and I just didn’t get around to it in time for the discussion but I still want to read it.
- Emma. I just watched this film but more on it later. Suffice it to say, I loved it.
- Miss Austen Regrets. Christine sent me this DVD and if she liked it, I know I will too.
- Northanger Abbey. Another DVD Christine sent me. Northanger Abbey is quite special to me. I read this one when Christine and I were wandering around in Bath several years ago. I can’t wait to see the film version.
- Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler. I first heard of this book from Naida and it sounded really cute, plus I won a copy of it via a giveaway she had.
So those are my picks. I know from my sidebar it looks like I’m behind on most of my challenges but I’ve got a couple of updates so more on those tomorrow.