I’m borrowing this meme from Susan. I was just saying last month how I felt that my reading felt more inclusive but let’s see how well I’m doing with this meme first.
1. Name the last book by a female author that you’ve read. This is easy for me as I read a lot more books by women. Latest books I’ve finished are Sleepwalking in Daylight by Elizabeth Flock and Somebody Else’s Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage. Both were really good so stay tuned for a review.
2. Name the last book by an African or African-American author that you’ve read. It’s been a while but last Spring I read Half of a Yellow Sun by Nigerian Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
4. How about one from an Asian country or Asian-American? Started off the year with Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto which is one of my favorite reads so far this year.
6. Why not name an Israeli/Arab/Turk/Persian writer, if you’re feeling lucky? Last month I read Honeymoon in Tehran by Azadeh Moaveni.
7. Any other “marginalized” authors you’ve read lately? I can’t really think of anyone that would fit this question.
So actually not too shabby right? Let’s hope the rest of the year I continue to add books from various genres and from all across the globe. How about you, how diverse is your reading?