I’m not sure what is going on with my reading lately but I feel like I cannot finish a book. I guess that’s not true because this weekend I started and finished one book, a historical romance, which is probably why that was such a fast read but I feel like I just haven’t gotten settled with my current reads.
I keep starting new ones and then don’t feel as compelled to continue with them or I am eager to start a book(s) that others have recommended. Anyway, here is what I’m in the middle of lately:
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. I think the last time I mentioned this book I was at 30 pages and now I’m at 50. At this rate it’s going to take me forever to finish. Again, if I could just find a good chunk of time to sit with this book I think I would make good progress so I just need to plan a bit more for this one.
- Murder Under Cover by Kate Carlisle. When Brooklyn starts talking about restoring an old book or her favorite bookbinding tools, I’m all into this book. It’s a cute series and I’m about half way through this one.
- Courting Greta by Ramsey Hootman When I first found this book I thought it might be a cute romantic story but so far the characters are really not that nice. The book jacket does say “if you want a predictable romance… this is not the book for you. “ so I shouldn’t be surprised but I am not sure if I will continue with this one. Maybe just not the right mood. Anyone read it?
- The Yellow Eyes of Crocodiles by Katherine Pancol. This is a Kindle read and although I only started it, I like it. This was a bestseller in France and I’ve read some glowing reviews so I hope I’ll enjoy it.
- A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy. I think I’ve been looking for this type of book lately which is why I couldn’t make a lot of headway in my other novels. I want charming and cozy and I think this book will deliver.
Of course I’m already thinking of what other book to add to my pile and while I would like to add a mystery from one the series I follow I think the next book I add will have to be the mystery for my book group meeting next week. I’m falling behind already so I should start that soon. What about you, what good book(s) are you reading?