Anyway, let’s get into today’s post because it may be a long one. Thanks to Kay I found out about the Classics Club, Spin #17. I’ve been meaning to participate in this for a while now and as I haven’t picked up a classic novel yet from my stacks I thought this would be the perfect time to finally dive in and enjoy a challenge.
To play along you have to list 20 classics you want to read and list them before March 9th. On Friday, March 9th, they’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by April 30, 2018.
I decided to add some variety to my classics. So there’s mystery, fiction and even a romance and even better, I have a copy of all of these on my shelves so I’m also meeting my goal to read more from my stacks. Here is my list:
- Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie, 1941
- Maigret and the Flemish Shop by George Simenon, 1932
- The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield, 1922
- Strangers On a Train by Patricia Highsmith, 1950
- Cakes and Ale by Somerset Maugham, 1930
- Artists In Crime by Ngaio Marsh, 1938
- Lady Audley’s Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon, 1862
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, 1847
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer, 1950
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, 1958
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh, 1945
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle, 1902
- The Quiet American by Graham Greene, 1955
- Washington Square by Henry James, 1880
- House of Mirth by Edith Wharton, 1905
- Eva Trout by Elizabeth Bowen, 1968
- Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford, 1949
- The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, 1948
- Indiana by George Sand, 1831
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen, 1871
I think most of these books have been on my shelves for years so whichever one ends up being the lucky one I’ll be happy to read it. Which book are you rooting for? Anyone else joining the Classics Spin?