1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
It’s probably Mrs. Claus who does all the work
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored lights on the tree but not outdoor decorations.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
We haven’t put up a tree in the past four years. I just haven’t really been in the mood. This year though we will have a tree and hopefully I’ll do that this weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Tamales, especially the sugar kind.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Every Christmas was great when I was growing up. It was the time when all of my family (who lives in Mexico) was together again. My parents and I would drive from Dallas to Monterrey with a car full of presents. In the past few years all sorts of things have happened preventing my family from being all together, hence why I probably haven’t felt the Christmas spirit in a while. I think it’s time to make some new memories and traditions.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was six when I found a stash of presents hidden in my mom’s sewing room. I just “knew” then.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We open all gifts on Christmas Eve
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Lots of random ornaments. Old, new, kitschy, handmade, etc.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
It’s pretty but living in Dallas it’s not a good thing. No one knows how to drive in that stuff.
12. Can you ice skate?
No. I’ve never even tried it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Anything Barbie. I was such a girly-girl.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my family and friends
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Playing loteria until it was time to open presents
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
I’m supposed to say giving right? Ha,ha. I do love to buy gifts but I admit it, I love opening presents too. I don’t care what it is, just opening a present is fun.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?