I went to the library today looking for a few books. I really wanted to catch up on some of the mysteries by Arnaldur Indridason but no luck. Then I looked for some graphic novels and there weren’t any that really caught my attention. Finally, I thought well how about a S. J. Bolton book? I’ve liked her thrillers. The only ones on the shelf were once I had already read.
Does this mean I left empty-handed? Oh no. I have been limiting myself to only three books at a time but once I started going up and down the aisles it was hard to keep to my limit. Here’s what I got:
- Sun and Shadows by Ake Edwardson. Recently Jenclair mentioned several Swedish thrillers and I got the urge to try some too.
- The Vanishing of Katharina Linden by Helen Grant.
- The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths.
- Triangles by Ellen Hopkins. I loved her YA novel Crank.
- Second Nature by Jacquelyn Mitchard.
So let’s see just how many I actually do read before they are all due back on January 31. Can you believe the 31? I feel like the year just started.