Today was an adventure in bookbinding as I made a little journal using a new technique, secret Belgian binding. My little journal has wood covers, a bit of leather and marbled paper end covers. It is darling and I wish I could show it to you but I don’t have my camera with me. I will try and get a shot of it this weekend for a bit of show & tell.
After class I was still on a bit of a book high and decided to head over to Barnes & Noble to spend more time with books. I’m so glad I did because I took a peek at the New in Paperback table and found a bunch of books I’ve now added to my wish list.
Here’s what I found:
- Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens. Lansens first novel, The Girls, was one of my favorite reads last year. It had me smiling and crying at the end so needless to say I want to see what the author comes up with this time. It sounds like it will be another winner.
- Closer to Fine by Meri Weiss. I admit I picked up this book because Closer to Fine happens to be one of my favorite Indigo Girls songs. Heh. But, the book does sound like something I’d like to read.
- The Concubine by Norah Lofts. Another Anne Boleyn book but this one happens to have been published quite a while back, 1963, so it’s interesting that it’s being re-issued. I wonder how many fiction novels based on Anne Boleyn there are. I’m guessing a lot.
- The Red Scarf by Kate Furnivall. A tale of friendship and Soviet Russia.
- Out Backward by Ross Raisin. A chilling and terrifying story. Ok, the cover does not convey that at all. I’m even more interested now.
- Wish I Could be There by Allen Shawn. A memoir of agoraphobia. That title is perfect isn’t it?
I have to take in my car for service tomorrow morning and I’ve got my book bag packed.
Edit: Forgot to mention, the latest Estella’s Revenge is out!