I almost didn’t make it out to the Half Price Books Spine sale this weekend because we were caught up in gardening adventures. We’ve added more new plants, cleared out some dead stuff and finished setting up rain barrels. Now we’ll wait for the rain.
So about the book sale. I saw a lot of books I’ve already read, books that I have waiting on my shelves and lots of bestsellers which are not necessarily my go-to books but of course I found books I had to have.
Isn’t it funny when you go to a book sale and see a book you love and you just want to tell the person next to you to add it to their cart.
I didn’t buy a lot of books but I think I found some great stuff:
- 22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson. I have this in an ebook but I do prefer a paper copy.
- Love Anthony by Lisa Genova. I loved her book Still Alice so I’m excited I found this one.
- Bellfield Hall by Anna Dean. I do enjoy historical mysteries.
- Lie in the Dark by Dan Fesperman. I don’t think I’ve read any books set in Sarajevo so I’m really curious about this one.
- Random Violence by Jassy Mackenzie. This is another mystery but this one is set in Johannesburg.
- Dead Like You by Peter James. I’ve been meaning to check out this mystery series.
- Peony In Love by Lisa see. I’ve read a couple of her books and have really liked them.
- Juliet by Anne Fortier. Italy, love and a bit of Shakespeare, what’s not to love?
Anyway, I’m looking forward to these. I hadn’t been to a big book sale in quite a while so that was fun. Now to go find some space on the shelves for these.