I haven’t posted a Book Loot post in a while but that’s because I’ve been a very good Bookgirl and have been curbing my spending sprees. Well, I was moving and just the thought of packing one more book was exhausting!
Anyway I had a coupon from Half Price Books and spent a very good afternoon there the other day. Here’s what I got and only spent $20:
- The Watchman by Robert Crais. This isn’t one of my typical reads but one of my best friends tells me this is a fast paced book and I haven’t read any Crais before so this should be a good place to start.
- The Thief Taker by Janet Gleeson. 18th Century London. You know this goes on my list. I’ve read one of her previous books and would like to see how this one turns out.
- Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn. I loved Silent in the Grave and can’t wait to start this one.
- High Marks for Murder by Rebecca Kent. I almost bought this the other day and am so glad I found it at HPB. What luck!
- Knowledge of Water by Sarah Smith. Another historical but this one is set in Paris. Oh, la, la…
- A Few Green Leaves by Barbara Pym. It’s a Pym book… enough said.
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen. I’ve always liked the cover of this book and I’ve read some good reviews about this book recently from some of you bloggy friends. Couldn’t resist adding it to my basket.
- The Adventures of the Mind from the Saturday Evening Post. This is an old book that I’m not planning to read but instead use for an altered book project.
And, guess what? I just got some more coupons from Half Price Books to be used next week. Yay.
What about you? Bought some good books lately?