I was in a bit of a funk this Saturday as I had to go in to the office but books to the rescue. I treated myself to some new books and some book bargains at Half Price Books so needless to say that made me happy. Here’s my stash:
- Mark of the Lion by Suzanne Arruda. I tried reading this book a few years ago but it was not the right time so I’m happy to have found it again and give it another go. It seems like the type of historical mystery I would enjoy.
- In A Perfect World by Laura Kasischke. A novel of married life, motherhood and the choices we make when we have no choices left.
- The Beekeeper’s Apprentice by Laurie R. King. I swear everyone I know always tells me this is a great book.
- The Unquiet Bones by Melvin R. Starr. This one is for my mystery book group.
- The Art Journal Workshop by Traci Bunkers. I love Traci’s work and was bummed out when I couldn’t take her class at Journalfest a couple of years ago, so I’m very excited to have this book and a big plus, it also comes with a DVD. Can’t wait to check it out.