I hope you all had a great weekend. I spent a very nice weekend with friends and catching up on my reading. I also spent a fun afternoon opening lots of packages that had recently arrived. Look at all of this book bounty:
If only I had more reading time. Some of these books I’d heard of and some are new to me. In case you can’t see some of the titles here is the list of the books:
- Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher. This looks like a fun love story
- More Bitter Than Death by Camilla Grebe and Åsa Träff. I believe is the second in a series set in Stockholm.
- The Why of Things by Elizabeth Hartley Winthrop. A story about a family struggling to cope in the aftermath of a daughter’s suicide.
- Me on the Floor, Bleeding by Jenny Jägerfeld. Another novel set in Sweden but this is a YA story. I’ve read lots of crime fiction but no YA so I’m looking forward to this one.
- A Conspiracy of Faith by Jussi Adler-Olsen. I read the first book in Detective Carl Mørck series and I’m sure it made it on one of my yearly favorites list so I have high hopes for this book.
- The President’s Hat by Antoine Laurain. A bestseller in France this book has been likened to Amélie, gives the essence of Paris like The Eleance of the Hedgehog and is reminiscent of Alan Bennett’s The Uncommon Reader. Sounds good right?
- The Suicide Shop by Jean Teulé. Set in the distant future when the environment is near destruction, a family runs a shop offering creative ways to end one’s life.
- The Case of the Deadly Butter Chicken by Tarquin Hall. I believe this is the third in the Vish Puri series. I loved the first one but had a bit of a hard time with the second. Let’s see how this one turns out.
- The Time Between by Karen White. I was lucky to discover Karen White via so many of you who’ve read and recommended her novels.With this story she explores the complicated bond between sisters.
- The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway. A historical adventure story about forbidden love and time travel.
Let me know if you’ve read any of these and what you thought. I tempted by all of them of course but right now I’m just getting started with another book.