It’s almost the weekend – yay. Anyone have big plans? Like a bookstore outing, a library sale or anything like that?
No big plans at Casa Bookgirl aside from finding more space in the bookshelves for some of the books that have arrived over the last couple of weeks. Want to hear about them?
- This One Is Mine by Maria Semple. I won this book thanks to a giveaway at Estella’s Revenge. I’ve seen a lot of people in the blogosphere mention this one so I think it’ll be a fun read.
- The Laws of Harmony by Judith Ryan Hendricks. Another book I won, this came via a giveaway Tara hosted. Her review made me want to read it so I’m a lucky girl to have this one.
- Somebody Else’s Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage. This ARC promises to be a page-turner with some disturbing characters, dark secrets and suspense.
- Behold, Here’s Poison and The Unfinished Clue by Georgette Heyer. Sourcebooks has done it again and is reprinting more of Georgette Heyer’s books. I’m very excited to read her mysteries.
- Feather Man by Rhyll McMaster. This is also another ARC about a young artist growing up in Brisbane, Australia during the 1950s.
- The Bridge of the Golden Horn by Emine Sevgi Ozdamar. This coming of age tale is about a 16 year old Turkish girl who leaves her native Istanbul to sign on as a migrant worker in Germany.
- The Post-Office Girl by Stefan Zweig. The Slaves of Golconda will be discussing this book at the end of the month so I better get started!
Alright, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I plan to read a lot and hang out at the bookstore.