I hope you’ve all had a wonderful start to the year. Despite having to go to the office today, I managed to get out early enough to go out for a nice trail walk. We enjoyed the sunny skies and cool temps and got to see several deer which actually are sort of a usual sight around our neighborhood.
Anyway, I thought I’d start my first post of the year with what else but a list of books. I didn’t get a chance to tell you about some my Christmas presents and purchases so here it goes:
- A Time of Mourning by Christobel Kent. I’ve enjoyed several of her books and this looks to be a first in a mystery series.
- A Mortal Curiosity by Ann Granger. I found the first one in this series to be really enjoyable and so I look forward to visiting again with the characters.
- Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris by Paul Gallico. I finally got a Bloomsbury Group book after hearing so much about these from some of you guys.
- In the Shadow of Gotham by Stefanie Pintoff. An Edgar Award winning novel.
- Sheer Abandon by Penny Vincenzi. Must read this author.
- Laura Rider’s Masterpiece by Jane Hamilton. I remember when this book came out I was instantly drawn to it because of the cover. I know some of you have really liked it so I’m glad to add it to my collection.
- Kept by D.J. Taylor. A tale of Victorian London. I’m there.
- The Blind Side of the Heart by Julia Franck. Winner of a prestigious German Book prize.
Some of these were new but the last five were finds I got at Half Price Books with a gift card. I still have a few bucks left on that so I’ll have to drop in again soon.
I have the day off on Monday so I may just go visit the bookstore. Hope you have a great start of the week.