It’s been a while since I’ve done a meme and when I saw this one over at A Reader’s Journal recently, I thought it’s time for me to play. So here are my answers:
1. What author do you own the most books by? That would be authors Ian Rankin, Peter Robinson, and Martha Grimes. I love their series so I have a lot of their books. Some I’ve read and a bunch are waiting for me.
2. What book do you own the most copies of? No double copies here unless it happens to be a book I have in Spanish and English but I only have a few of those.
3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? Nah.
4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with? I can’t think of one right now.
5. What book have you read the most times in your life? I’m not much of a re-reader but I have read Love In the Time of Cholera, The Handmaid’s Tale and Remains of the Day twice.
6. Favorite book as a ten year old? I would have been in fourth or fifth grade so I’m sure it was Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume.
7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? This is tough because if it’s a book I’m really not liking then I won’t finish it. That said, I was disappointed by some books mainly this one because I love novels set in Victorian England and this one just didn’t live up to my expectations.
8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? I read some great books last year so I’ll narrow it down to In the Woods by Tana French
9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be? I’m always recommending The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie? I think some of Georgette Heyer’s books would make wonderful movies. In particular, Regency Buck.
11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? North by Louis-Ferdinand Celine. Read it for a book group and it was a most confusing book.
12. What is your favorite book? This changes all the time but for today I’ll say The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
13. Play? Romeo and Juliet
14. Poem? Introduction to Poetry by Billy Collins is a favorite.
15. Essay? Not much of an essay reader so I can’t think of one.
16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today? I can’t name names! It could be someone’s favorite author.
17. What is your desert island book? It has to be something big so maybe The Complete Novels of Jane Austen so I can finally read them all.
18. And . . . what are you reading right now? I’m almost finished with The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. So off to finish it!