More ARCs have come my way recently and I wanted to share some of these titles with you. I know some of these books are out and perhaps you’ve already read some of them. I think these all sound good so here’s what I have to look forward to:
- Mr. Darcy’s Dream by Elizabeth Aston. There seem to be a lot of Jane Austen inspired books lately. Has anyone counted? Anyway, this one is about Phoebe, a young niece of Mr. Darcy, who is shattered by an unhappy romance.
- Sleepwalking In Daylight by Elizabeth Flock. A novel about a stay-at-home mom who finds that her life is now just running errands, car pools and suburban gossip. Is this all there is to her life?
- Pieces of Me by Charlotte Gingras. A young adult novel about a lonely girl who takes comfort in the company of books. This book won the Governor General’s Literary Award when it was first published in French.
- The Age of Shiva by Manil Suri. According to the notes on the back this is a provocative, compelling page-turner. I read his first book many years ago and really liked it so I am hoping this will be another winner.
- Bloodprint by Kitty Sewell. This psychological thriller takes the reader from the tropical lushness of Key West to the imposing Georgian streets of Bath where two women and their painful pasts collide dangerously with Cuban sorcery, prostitution, and coldhearted murder.
So as you can see I’ve got a lot of books to keep me busy this weekend. I hope you are involved with some great stories too. Have a great weekend and more book talk soon.